Thursday, May 09, 2002

Why do we allow stupid people to procreate?

I finally got that call. Yes the one that takes all my skills and knowledge and puts them to the test.

Caller: Are you a Supervisor?
Me: Yes, how can I help you today?
Caller: Your technichan doesn't know how to do his job! I can't get on the internet or check my email! Now I want to know why?
Me: Ok sir let's see if there are any outages in your area and check you account status. No problems in your area and your account standing looks good. What are the lights on your modem doing right now?
Caller: There are no lights on my modem?
Me: None? No power light?
Caller: NO!
Me: Sir do you have power in your home?
Caller: Yes.
Me: Is the modem plugged into a power strip?
Caller: Yes.
Me: Is the power strip on?
Caller: Yes. The little light on the power strip is lit up.
Me: Ok, is the power plug to the modem plugged into the back of the modem securely?
Caller: Yes.
Me: What type of modem do you have sir?
Caller: RCA
Me: Sir is there an on/off button on the front of your modem?
Caller: Yes.
Me: Can you push that button for me?
Caller: Hey, the lights on the modem are blinking now. Let me see if I can get on the internet. I can. I am also getting my email. How did you do that?
Me: I didn't sir, you were the one that turned on the power.
Caller: Oh.

Remind me again why we let stupid people procreate?

Tomorrow...Adventures in Florida!

No comments: