Thursday, May 30, 2002

WORK!

Finally, we actually did some work and training today. We have my old trainer stepping in until the trainer from Florida arrives. I was thinking that in and of itself would make the day another one of our sit and surf day's, but amazingly enough we actually covered a bunch of new stuff. This I am sure only happened because the BOSS was there but at least it happened. I am happy.

After work I went to the golf corse to pound a few balls out on to the driving range. I discovered a few things while doing this. 1) My shoulder is much better than I thought it would be. 2) I have a bad slice. 3) Never go to a golf course at 2:00 in the afternoon wearing dark colored jeans, it's way to hot out. Thankfully I was dressed casual today so only the jeans were dark. By the time I finished off a small bucket of balls I was drenched. Glad I didn't get the big bucket. Tomorrow I am taking shorts to change into after work.

Just in case anyone wants to know, you can't donate platelets until 6 months after a surjury. It can interfere with the healing process. Not sure how since all my wounds are healed but appearently it can. I can't donate blood at all and now they don't want my platelets. Should I ever try to be nice and helpful to society again? Probably since I only have to wait until September to make a platelet donation, but it's tempting to say "screw you". Since the platelets go to hemophiliac's and other's who have problems with their clotting factor's, and I just don't like the idea of someone bleeding to death when it can be prevented, I will be in the ARUP office on September 20th trying to do my part to help. Janet, Brad, and Connie will be donating this Sunday. I am discovering Janet is a bit on the proactive side. I guess I could be a bit more active. I complain enough about not ever having anything to do so her suggesting the platelet thing was probably a good thing even if I can't donate right now.

Well, going to go walk the dog's and gather up the crap for work tomorrow so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour.

No comments: