Sunday, May 26, 2002

Summer!

Loving the summertime. I know officially it's not summer, but when the sun is up and the snowcones and popcicles are plentiful, who can tell the difference? Yesterday I took Abbie, Dexter, and Brutus to the dog park. They had the swimming pools out and you would have thought Abbie had died and gone to heaven. It's a good thing I don't have an allergy to mud. I think she thinks she's part fish. I need to go buy her a wading pool of her own. Dexter decided to let the other dogs pick on him and Brutus went around trying to defend him. I am beginning to think Dexter is a big priss. He let a bassett hound ruff him up. Abbie would have bit the dog's nose off if he'd have tried any of that with her. Dexter is going to have to undergo some serious work if he's going to father Abbie's puppies. Otherwise I think she might hurt him the first time he tries anything.

Last night was a good night. Connie took Dee, Jennifer and me out to dinner and a movie. Jennifer got sloshed. It's amazing what no food, six hours of sun and a glass or three of champagne will do to a body. I have a strong feeling Jen won't be getting out of bed real early today.

I on the other hand am thinking of taking Abbie fishing. It's a bit late in the day already but I would be going up so that she can have fun and I can complain about another bad day fishing.

No comments: